kylesdrunk.com

full time single father, part time internet addiction.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School.

As of right now I am working on an Associates Degree in Sociology. After this semester I will only need one more math class to make that possible. I went into college not knowing what I wanted to do, having it be the perfect time as I had been recently been laid off when I originally went back to school. One of my first classes that semester was Sociology 101 that I just fell in love with. After taking that class I decided to major in Sociology. Though I did not know what I wanted to do with a Sociology degree or what I could do, it felt like a good idea. I have since then really gotten into advertising. I have been doing a lot of reading on advertising about the background of it with racism, sexism and hidden meanings and the way advertising draws you in. I really want to bring a sociology background into advertising and do something with advertising in that aspect. I think I decided tonight that I will try taking some marketing classes and maybe double major or just get two associate degrees, one in Sociology and the other in Marketing. We will see what happens. Right now I just love going to school, and being a full-time single unemployed dad, I am kind of 'getting payed' to go to school through grants.

No comments:

Post a Comment