kylesdrunk.com

full time single father, part time internet addiction.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Work Again...

So the last time I worked was back in January. The company I was working for, Coatings Plus, got extremely slow. They started cutting back hours, from 40 to 30 then to 20 and at one point I was working only 10 hours a week. Guys started getting laid off left and right until eventually they told me to stay home, that they would call me if they needed me.

About the time my hours originally started getting cut back I applied for unemployment. Lucky for me I had done it just in time. Between our savings and unemployment it was not a huge strike to us for me to be laid off. It was perfect timing for me because I was beginning my first semester of college and I was able to devote all my time to that. I began looking for jobs finding that there is not much out there. Both Aubrey and I have been looking for awhile, with no successful leads.

Today my old employer or current one that I haven't worked for in three months called me asking if I could work this next week. It is springbreak for me so I agreed to plus I would have anyway. I was hoping that I would find a new different job but I guess you have to do what you gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment