kylesdrunk.com

full time single father, part time internet addiction.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reading in July

I first started with Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. It was an interesting book and started out really good, then it got weird and kinda boring. I then turned to a non-fiction book about concepts of race. It was written by Joseph Graves Jr. called The Emperors New Clothes. Interesting book, talking about evolution of race and so on. I liked that. I then started reading a book I found at the dollar store. The book sounded interesting though it was written by an author who had written a book I read awhile ago that was just terribly boring. This book was by Jonathan Frazen title The Discomfort Zone. It started out ok, but again, BORING. I then started out on a book that I found at a thrift store months ago that Aubrey had read years ago and she mentioned it was good. We then saw the book referenced on Best Week Ever. This book, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was o.k. but I wanted just to jump to the end to see the ending so I did, then....I was finished. I now, just tonight started Can't Buy My Love by Jean Kilbourne. I already know this is going to be a great book. I have watched a movie by here in my Sociology class titled Killing Us Softly, I watched the third installment of the series. I enjoy her work very much and I really enjoy the work of Sociology and advertising and everything. I actually, tonight, re-watched most of her movie with Aubrey and it made me want to post links to her video. I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment