kylesdrunk.com

full time single father, part time internet addiction.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

J.D. Salinger Quote

I saw this shirt online at the Hundreds. I had read Catcher in the Rye but did not remember this quote. I thought about the quote a few times. It stuck in my head. Though I can not go into detail I used it once, and it really helped Atticus and I. I explained to my parents the situation and told them I had found the advice on a shirt. At that point I realized I needed the shirt. I went back to purchase it only to find out it was sold out. Knowing that we were soon headed to Los Angeles where the shop it is sold at is located in person, I crossed my fingers they had some left there in stock. I tracked down the tiny shop, hidden on an alley surrounded like local street kids and to my luck saw only one left. Hanging there. Also to my luck, the last one in stock, never to be made again was in my size. (On the front is a picture of the cover of Catcher in the Rye.)

No comments:

Post a Comment