kylesdrunk.com

full time single father, part time internet addiction.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thift store book find!

We have driven past the thrift store on Gleenwood and Meadowgold and have always wanted to go in. It is the Assistance League of Idaho(ALI). We tried going yesterday when we went on our weekly Monday visit to Savers but ALI is closed Mondays. We got the chance to go today and Aubrey found some cool high heels she likes and I found some books I like or that looked good/cool. Atticus was being a little pill so we didn't get to look around a lot, it was a pretty sweet place. Some old lady kept touching Atti's binkie and after I told her that Atti was a 'he' she looked at him and said "She loves his Dad." Some other old lady found out Atticus' name and it made her so happy. She was buying a lot of books, she must have been an English teacher. She grabbed my arm and turned me around to look at my book purchases.
The first book from the left is 'The Corrections' by Jonathan Franzen, it just looked familiar and the summary makes it sound good. The next book is 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro, the cover was cool. Aubrey said that her ex husband read this guys books and liked them so I picked it up. The next is 'The Neal Pollack Anthology of American Literature' by Neal Pollack. The summary made it sound like a really good book so I grabbed. The last is 'Catch the Gold Ring' by John Stephen Strange. It is just a super old book and I thought it would be cool to have on the shelf. It stinks like mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment