kylesdrunk.com

full time single father, part time internet addiction.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Atticus.



Dear Atticus,

I can't believe you are two years old already. Time has flown by, we have had our ups and downs and a lot has changed since that day you were born. I want you to know that I love you so much more than you can ever imagine. You are the most important thing in this world to me, and the most important thing that has ever happened to me. You lie sleeping right now, after an evening spent of me crawling around chasing you in circles. I can't think of a better evening spent. From the mornings I wake up early due to you, walking into your room and being welcomed by your smile and a 'hi' trumphs the fact I usually have to change a stinky diaper first thing in the morning. Out in public, in grocery stores, I feel like I am your entourage, feel like you are the star, everyone's day is made and mine, by the smiles you give them, the cuteness, the laughs, the adorable things you ramble to people, and the moment you are the center of attention. I have no idea where I would be without you in my life, have no idea who I'd be without you at my side. Know that I always have your best interests in mind, and forgive me when I fail. Know that, no matter what happens, deep down, I will always love you and consider you my best friend. I can try and try, write and write, but I will never convey how happy, how blessed, how special I feel to have you in my life. How belittled and small I feel to see you grow and learn, how I realize my life is nothing compared to yours. I know you can't read and may never find this but I hope that the walks we take, the bike rides, the wrestling, the hide-and-seek, the parks we go to, I hope you see my love in that. Guess I am just lucky to have you. How can I have a bad day when you are the first thing I see when I wake up? Yours is the first smile I see, and all I can know is that that smile is so authentic, so real, so mine, I will hold it in my mind and heart forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment